About Me

My photo
You've got to live the life you love. You've got to love the life you live.

Followers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy ThanksGAVIN

Well, now that I have a free second I thought I would post our eventful Thanksgiving weekend. We went to my parents house for Thanksgiving, we had lots of yummy food and all shared what we were thankful for. I said "I'm thankful for this tinny baby inside my tummy...Oh and Nate" :)

I decided I wanted to go Black Friday shopping with my mom and sister in-law early the next morning. We left around 3:30 to get to Kohl's 4:00 a.m. door buster. We had pretty much planned out our trip so that we could make it back in time for the infamous "preg-check."
While in Wal Mart is where I started getting backaches. We figured it was just because I had been walking around for a couple hours, luckily we were just about done with our shopping.
Once we got back I took a long nap at my moms house, while I waited for Nate to get home from work. Even after my nap I was still getting backaches. My sister in-law said they could be contractions....
When Nate got home from work we had some dinner and decided to run to Wal Mart to look for a few gifts I didn't get earlier. And I was still having back pains. Again we figured it was just because I had been on my feet walking around all day, so we decided to go home and relax and watch a movie. The movie Nate chose was Big Daddy. My "backaches" were still bothering me, even to the point I couldn't sit down, I just kept walking around the house. By this point I knew something wasn't normal, but I didn't really know what was going on. Finally I took a shower to help relax. To make a long story short I was having really painful contractions, so I called my mom to ask her how you know if your in labor. She said to time my contractions, and if they were close to call my doctor. This was a little before 9:00 p.m. While I was on the phone Nate started putting a hospital bag together just in case. We timed one contraction and then...... MY WATER BROKE!! (around 9:05) So we rushed to the Tooele Hospital* We arrived at the hospital at 9:15 and Gavin was born at 9:20. The on call doctor didn't even make in time to deliver the baby. It was a super crazy night, and has continued to be a crazy week and a half, but I'm so happy to have my wonderful, beautiful baby boy here.
*The hospital I had been going to for prenatal care was in West Jordan, about 40 minutes away from our house. Nate was for sure inspired to take us to the Tooele hospital. Otherwise we would have had the baby on the side of the road.
Here are a few pictures. We don't have a lot from the hospital only because we didn't have our camera. We took a bunch on our phones but I cant figure out how to put them on the computer.
This is the last picture taken of me preggo belly. I'm so glad I don't have that thing anymore :)

Gavin under the bili lights for his jaundice.


Gavin's first bath at home.
More bili lights at home. Poor guy did NOT like it in that little case.
Some how he ended up with the pillow on his head.

Playing with daddy.
Silly face :)

Another bath with daddy. My sweet Boy. Isn't he the cutest little thing? I cant get enough of him.

7 comments:

  1. HOly Crap he's so cute!!!! What a fun story to tell!!!! So you went all nat-ur-al huh? How awesome!!! Brookey...you're my hero! P.S. fitting back into your old jeans is the best feeling in the world. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brooke!!! He's so adorable!! that is a crazy story! I'm so glad you guys made it to the hospital, and that Nate was inspired. You are a cute mommy, and you have a cute little family. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Brooke! He is adorable! You are going to be such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Congratts!!! Im so happy for you guys. I had the same problem with our camera too. All we had to do was to text the picture to your email acount and thens save the picture to your computer. Its not a wonderful pixilation of it but it works. He is such a cute little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Brooke! And what a crazy story, SO FAST! I can't even imagine! How much did he weigh?? He sure is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke! That was so crazy and incredible! I loved your story, thanks for sharing!!! I'll think of my contractions as backaches too... so hopefully I'll have a 5min labor like you! :)

    Your baby boy is adorable... with I could see him in person!!!

    ReplyDelete

May 24, 2008

May 24, 2008